Access by car
- The observatory can be found 31 km away from the city center of Miskolc, via Lillafüred it takes about 45 minutes to get there.
- From the city center of Eger it is also 31 km far, you must leave the town in the direction of Felsőtárkány. It takes about 40 minutes to get to the observatory.
By public transport
- From the bus terminal in Miskolc during winter time, on weekends and holidays, buses leave at 14:20, and arrive at the Bükk Csillagda (Observatory) bus stop at 15:29. During summer time, on holidays buses leave at 16:20. From April 1 to September 30, on weekends and holidays buses leave for the Bükk Observatory at 8:30, via Lillalfüred.
- From the bus terminal in Eger on weekends and holidays buses leave at 8:30, and arrive at the Bükk Csillagda bus stop at 9:08.
- From Miskolc to Répáshuta scheduled buses travel on every day of the week. From the Szabadság út bus stop you can walk to the Bükk Observatory in about 25 minutes. Please, find more information at www.mentrendek.hu!
- The Bükk Observatory is also available from Budapest without transfer, on weekends and holidays. Buses leave Stadion bus terminal at 6:35.
- From the Bükk Observatory to Budapest, via Eger, in winter time, on weekends and holidays, buses leave at 15:29, during summer time at 17:29. Buses leave for Miskolc, via Lillafüred, between April 1 and September 30, on holidays at 17:02.
We are calling the attention of those traveling by bus that in Lillafüred there is a tunnel on the road, where buses higher than 3.8 m cannot get through!
We are calling the attention of our visitors that while they are traveling in the Bükk Mountains mobile phone signal strength is weak, or there is none.
At the Bükk Astronomical Observatory there are 28 parking places altogether available for our visitors. There is one parking place (TYPE2) for charging electric cars.
There are parking places for two buses at the same time. Our parking places are only available for the visitors of the Bükk Astronomical Observatory.